The first Mormacsaga, a C-3, was built at Ingalls Shipbuilding Corporation Pascagoula, MS. Delivered
to Moore McCormack Lines 1/24/47, became "Silver Dove" for Avon 11/12/1970; sank underway at sea 1973.
The second Mormacsaga, a C-4, was built in 1962 at National Steel and Shipbuilding Co., San Diego, Ca.
as the M. M. Dant for States Lines. She was acquired from States Steamship 12/10/76 in a 4 (California Class) for 6 (1624 Class) ship swap. She went to United States Lines in 1983; MARAD in 1986, the
Navy as "Cape Johnson" TAK 5075 (Ammunition supply ship); to the Ready Reserve Fleet in 2003.